O'Connor's Solicitors, Clare Street, Dublin
Showing 1197 resultsAuthority record
- 28 Sep 1866 - 1944
Georgina Emma Alexander Bell, second daughter of Frances Georgina Armstrong (1841-1911) and John Alexander Bell (1866-1944), was born 28 September 1866 in Queensland Australia. She was the granddaughter of Sir Andrew Armstrong, 1st Baronet of Gallen (1754-1827). On 7 Nov 1895 she married Robert Leslie Badham (1859-1989), nephew of Dame Nellie Melba, in Booterstown, Dublin, Ireland. On 22 September 1896, their first child, Emily Frances G. Leslie Badham, was born in Blackrock, County Dublin. On 10 January 1899, their second and final child, Robert Alexander Armstrong Badham, was born. Georgina "Nina" Badham died in Manchester, England in 1944.
Georgina Badham was somehow related to the Lamb Family. There are connections between the Fuller family and both the Bell and Armstrong families during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. On the back of a her framed photograph, she is referred to as Cousin Nina, however it is unclear who wrote this inscription. At present he direct link between Georgina Bell and the Lamb Family of Woodfield house is unclear.
Charles Bagot was the husband of Sidney Mary Armstrong.
Constance Helen Studdert, daughter of William Steele Studdert of Keeper View, County Clare, first married Lucius T J Arthur of Glenomera, County Clare. After his death, she married again on 6 October 1894 to William P Ball.
Samuel Ball is likely the brother of John Ball.
William P Ball was the son of John Thomas Ball. He lived at 71 Merrion Square, Dublin, when he married Constance Helen Arthur on 6 October 1894.
- Corporate body
Gaelic games were introduced to the Ballinamere area in the late 1880s and an official club was established in the early years of the 20th century. In 1909, Ballinamere players amalgamated with Tullamore to field a team which won the first hurling championship for North Offaly. Following a decline in the participation of the sport in the area in the succeeding years, it underwent a revival in the 1930s and the club exists to the present day.