Two notes from Fr Donal O'Sullivan SJ, Rector of St Mary's, Emo, Laois to Fr Brendan Lawler SJ, Rector of Tullabeg, concerning the 15th century Pieta left by ‘Mrs O’ Connell’ to Tullabeg in memory of Evie Hone.
O'Sullivan; Donal (1904-1977); Jesuit priest and arts administrator
File containing newspaper and magazine articles relating to the Evie Hone stained glass windows in the community chapel at Tullabeg, a list of references to the windows in scholarly literature compiled by Fr Richard Coyne SJ and relevant extracts from the Historiae Domus of Tullabeg (1940-1951).
Documents by Fr Kevin Laheen, SJ which describe the burial details of Jesuits and pupils of Tullabeg who were buried in the Old Rahan Graveyard (c.1855 onwards) and the College cemetery (c.1874 onwards); the plaque erected in their honour and blessing of this stone; details of copyright permission for Fr Laheen’s book in relation to the 5 Evie Hone stained glass windows originally located at Tullabeg and relocated to the Jesuit Retreat House, Dollymount (1 August 2010). Includes chronologically list of Jesuits who died in Tullabeg (1870-1906) and a photographic album of the Jesuit graveyard at Tullabeg, Rahan Lodge and Irish Jesuits at this blessing (9 September 2004).
Correspondence between Fr Provincial and various members of the society at Tullabeg on academic, personal, financial, domestic, medical and administrative matters. Includes references to the library, stained glass and Evie Hone (19 February-13 March 1944, 4 items)