Account book for Charleville Castle containing weekly returns of income and expenditure for Charleville Castle from 1 January 1814 to June 1817. Income was principally derived from accounts in Newcomen's and other private banks. Expenditure consists mainly of payments to clothiers, builders and servants.
Zonder titelThis collection contains the records of the King’s County Infirmary. Includes patient records, meeting minutes and annual reports. The patient registers detail patient illnesses, and treatment. The Board of Governors meeting minutes cover a variety of topics from general hospital management, finances, and staff appointments. The minutes also provide important information regarding the closure of the infirmary in 1921, following the establishment of the Offaly Board of Health by the republican-controlled county council during the War of Independence.
Zonder titelCopy of conditions of sale, descriptive particulars and sale catalogue for lots of the Rahan Estate, in the barony of Ballycowan, King's County.
The estate is described as "5203 acres, 3 roods, 36 1/2 perches statute measure, and produces a well-paid net annual rental of £1990 6s 4 1/4 d ... The lands are almost entirely in tillage, and although the tenantry are numbers, they are very peaceable, industrious and thriving".
Contains general summary of tenant names, acreage, rent, tithe charges and terms of tenure. Also contains copies of Ordnance Survey 6" maps.
Accounts, legal documents, correspondence and marketing material relating to the foundation companies of the Williams Group, namely Tullamore Distillery, B. Daly & Co. Ltd., D. E. Williams Ltd., Irish Mist Liqueur Co. Ltd. and other associated companies.
Zonder titelThe Jesuits bought Tullabeg in 1818 (dedicated it to St Stanislaus) and opened a preparatory school for boys destined to go to Clongowes Wood College, Kildare. St Stanislaus College gradually developed as an educational rival to its sister school. It merged with Clongowes Wood College in 1886. Tullabeg then became a house of Jesuit formation: novitiate (1888-1930), juniorate (1895-1911), tertianship (1911-1927) and philosophate (1930-1962). In 1962, it was decided that the students of philosophy should be sent abroad for study. Tullabeg subsequently became a retreat house and was closed in May 1991.
The papers of St Stanislaus College include information on a history of the area around Tullabeg, building and property (1912-2004), correspondence with Superiors (1881-1971), finance (1912-1990), documents on Jesuit training (1818-1962), retreat house (1949-1960) and artworks (1940-1991).
Material is in the form of letters, reports, architectural plans, notes, maps and photographs (1902-1990). Programmes for plays include Shrovetide at St. Stanislaus College, Tullamore; ‘The Man with the Iron Mask’, ‘All at Coventry’ and ‘The Smoked Miser’ (1885) and for ‘Caitlín Ní Uallacáin’ and ‘Cox and Box’ and details Jesuits who performed (1925).
Zonder titelOffaly Southern Committee GAA Minute Books 1912-1922 and 1923-1927
County Offaly GAA Minutes, 1917-1918
County Offaly GAA Accounts 1909-1936
North Offaly Minute Book 1918-1926
Tullamore GAA Club Minutes 1914-1918, 1918-1920, 1926-1929
Tullamore GAA Club Accounts 1966-1968; 1980