Mostrando 1994 resultados

Descripción archivística
Offaly (King's)
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

994 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

Leases of ‘The Myrtle House’, Youghal

  • IE BCA ROSSE/Q/1
  • Unidad documental compuesta
  • [1604: 1662]
  • Parte deThe Rosse Papers

Original lease (1604) and 2 non-contemporary copy leases of ‘The Myrtle House’, Youghal, [former home of Sir Walter Ralegh], held by the Parsonses of Parsonstown under a lease from the [1st and Great] Earl of Cork.

Parsons Family, Earls of Rosse

DeRenzy Papers

  • IE OCL P50/9
  • Subfondo
  • 1630-1706

Legal agreements in the form of deeds and indentures relating to the Derenzy family’s title and interest in lands in the vicinity of Tinnycross, County Offaly. The earliest deed dating from 1630, records Sir Mathew de Renzi purchasing the townlands of Ballynashragh, Ballycosny, Tyrenehinan, Kilmore and Derry, all in the barony of Ballycowen, on behalf of his son Mathew DeRenzy, then at the bar in London. The vendor was Robert Branthwaite of London, who had been granted the land by letters patent of King James I. Further adjoining townlands of Rossnagouloge or Cappanure were purchased by Sir Mathew from Allen Jones in 1630, and the following year the adjacent townlands of Derrykilliagh and Kilbeg were purchased from Art McOwen O’Molloy. All were settled on his son, Mathew DeRenzy.
The bulk of the collection consists of numerous leases and mortgages raised against the land by Mathew DeRenzy between 1699 and 1703, while he lived at Cloghbemon in County Wexford. Later items in the collection relate to the sale of the lands to Reverend James Cox, Archdeacon of Ferns.

de Renzi, Sir Mathew

Leases of Boolanarrig, barony of Eglish

  • IE BCA ROSSE/Q/24
  • Unidad documental compuesta
  • [1658-1834]
  • Parte deThe Rosse Papers

Envelope of leases of Boolanarrig, barony of Eglish, the lease of 1801 being of a part of Boolanarrig called Clonmelin. [In date order.]

Leases of lands in the manor of Parsonstown, Co. Wexford

  • IE BCA ROSSE/Q/4
  • Unidad documental compuesta
  • [1675-1781]
  • Parte deThe Rosse Papers

c.25 leases of lands in the manor of Parsonstown, Co. Wexford, which reverted to the Parsonses of Parsonstown, King’s County, between 1708 and 1711, [and seems to have been settled by them on a younger son, Piggott Parsons, brother of Sir Laurence Parsons, 3rd Bt, on the failure of whose issue it seems to have reverted to the King’s County Parsonses, only to be used again as an appanage in the mid-19th century]. Some of the lands mentioned are Cullentrough, barony of Gorey; Ballyduff, Mangan,
Killenagh, Howell’s Land and Glascarrig, barony of Ballaghkeen; and parts of the manor of St John’s (Tomnegranoge, Knockmarshal, etc), barony of Bantry. [The documents are in date order and are ready for numbering, or rather re-numbering, as each has an obsolete number written on it.]

Leases of premises in or near Birr

  • IE BCA ROSSE/Q/90
  • Unidad documental compuesta
  • [1679-1994]
  • Parte deThe Rosse Papers

Box of leases of premises in or near Birr which, even with the aid of Q/16/1, it has not proved possible to pin precisely or even approximately.

Leases of premises in Castle Street

  • IE BCA ROSSE/Q/75
  • Unidad documental compuesta
  • [1685-2000]
  • Parte deThe Rosse Papers

Box of leases of premises in Castle Street, including a lease and counterpart lease of ‘Crotty’s Church’, 1837 [see E/11], and papers relating to the sale of a Castle Street fee farm grant to the personal representatives of Claude Corcoran. The box also includes a large folder of correspondence about the Birr Trustee Company’s proposed purchase of Spinner’s
Bistro in Castle Street, which was eventually bought by another party.

Leases of Lisclooney and Clonbaniff, barony of Garrycastle, papers relating to the sale of Lisclooney Cottage

  • IE BCA ROSSE/Q/44
  • Unidad documental compuesta
  • [1701- 1988]
  • Parte deThe Rosse Papers

Envelope of leases of Lisclooney and Clonbaniff, barony of Garrycastle. The earliest lease, of 1701, was granted by William Sprigge of Clonivoe, so these townlands, together with Clonivoe itself [see Q/30] and probably all the lands in the barony of Garrycastle, must have formed all or part of the Parsons family’s inheritance from the Sprigges. [In date order.] The envelope also includes papers relating to the sale of Lisclooney Cottage to Oliver Claffey.

Resultados 1 a 10 de 1994