Showing 18 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Market Square
Print preview View:

3 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Charleville Forest Papers

  • IE OCL P43
  • Collection
  • 1785 – 1919

An artificially constructed collection of generally dissociated documents relating to the Charleville Estate and the Bury family/earls of Charleville. Contains some legal documents such as marriage settlements and leases; correspondence relating to financial matters on the Charleville Estate and associated estates, e.g., the Marlay estate.; newspaper cuttings on various members of the Bury family; and correspondence and drawings relating to the Bury family jewels.

Bury Family, Earls of Charleville

Papers of Rt. Hon. Charles William Bury

  • IE OCL P59
  • Fonds
  • 1799-1801

Catalogue of books in the possession of Rt. Hon. Charles William, Lord Tullamore and bundle of incoming correspondence.

Bury, Charles William, 1st earl of Charleville

St Stanislaus College, Tullabeg, Offaly

  • IE IJA FM/TULL
  • Fonds
  • 1818-2010

The Jesuits bought Tullabeg in 1818 (dedicated it to St Stanislaus) and opened a preparatory school for boys destined to go to Clongowes Wood College, Kildare. St Stanislaus College gradually developed as an educational rival to its sister school. It merged with Clongowes Wood College in 1886. Tullabeg then became a house of Jesuit formation: novitiate (1888-1930), juniorate (1895-1911), tertianship (1911-1927) and philosophate (1930-1962). In 1962, it was decided that the students of philosophy should be sent abroad for study. Tullabeg subsequently became a retreat house and was closed in May 1991.

The papers of St Stanislaus College include information on a history of the area around Tullabeg, building and property (1912-2004), correspondence with Superiors (1881-1971), finance (1912-1990), documents on Jesuit training (1818-1962), retreat house (1949-1960) and artworks (1940-1991).

Material is in the form of letters, reports, architectural plans, notes, maps and photographs (1902-1990). Programmes for plays include Shrovetide at St. Stanislaus College, Tullamore; ‘The Man with the Iron Mask’, ‘All at Coventry’ and ‘The Smoked Miser’ (1885) and for ‘Caitlín Ní Uallacáin’ and ‘Cox and Box’ and details Jesuits who performed (1925).

Society of Jesus

Records of King's County Infirmary

  • IE OCL INF
  • Fonds
  • 1837 - 1921

1 Extern Patient Book -
INF2/1: September 1837 - February 1859 (excluding 1839 - 1852).

2 Infirmary Minute Books -
INF2/2/1: August 1888 - June 1919 (excluding April - December 1916).
INF2/2/2: June 1919 - August 1921

3 Registers of Patients -
INF2/3/1: May 1861
INF2/3/2: October 1863 - October 1864
INF2/3/3: June 1867 - September 1868

2 Broadsheets featuring annual reports -
INF2/4/1: 5 May 1896 - 6 January 1897 (1 page).
INF2/4/2: 5 January 1897 - 6 January 1898 (1 page).

King's County Infirmary

Records of Tullamore Union

  • IE OCL BG158
  • Fonds
  • 1839 - 1947

112 Minute Books

1 Labourers (Ireland) Acts Minute Book -
BG158/2: October 1891 - July 1899, (Board of Guardians acting as the Rural Sanitary Authority).

1 Financial Minute Book -
BG158/3: October 1902 - April 1903.

1 Financial Statement Book -
BG158/4: June 1908 - March 1912.

1 Treasurer's Account Book -
BG158/5: December 1914 - August 1920.

1 Application & Report Book (Outdoor Relief Book) -
BG158/6: October 1862 - July 1863.

2 Returns forms for Tullamore Union for abstract of rate collected and lodged by rate collectors -
BG158/7/1: 1866 (1p).
BG158/7/2: 1877 (1p).

1 Report of the Engineering Inspector, Louis E. H. Deane being a description of houses unfit for human habitation, -
BG158/8: 5 May 1886.

1 Plan of Infirmary, Tullamore Union Workhouse, showing proposed alterations etc. Scale 10ft. to 1 inch, -
BG158/9: 20 June 1861.

1 'Death Notice Book; deaths in the Workhouse District of Tullamore -
BG158/10: January 1913 - April 1947.

1 Workhouse provisions and necessaries required -
BG158/11: September 1913 - July 1920

1 Workhouse Daybook -
BG158/12: April 1917 - March 1920.

5 Minute Books of Committee of Management of Dispensary Districts

116 Dispensary District Notices from 5 districts

1 Rate Book -
BG158/15: 1880, related to Tullamore Union: Electoral Division: Ballycommon.

Tullamore Union

Rental of the Estate of the Earl of Charleville

  • IE OCL P17
  • Fonds
  • 1868-1901

Rental of the estate of the Earl of Charleville. Lists the denominations, tenants, acreage, yearly rent and other notes. Frequently amended with addition of new tenants and details of lease renewals

Bury Family, Earls of Charleville

Papers of the O’Brennan Family

  • IE OCL P77
  • Fonds
  • 1873-1955

Contains manuscript material, brochures, pamphlets, and a substantial newspaper collection created principally by Tullamore brothers and Irish Volunteers Séamus and Alo O’Brennan. The earliest material from 1906 and 1909 are programs for feiseanna held by Tullamore Celtic Literary Society and Conradh na Gaeilge. Also includes letter from Inspector Crane of Tullamore RIC Barracks giving permission in 1911 to James Brennan (Séamus O’Brennan) to play hand-ball in the alley at the barracks during weekdays. Both Crane and O’Brennan were involved in the Tullamore Incident five years later.

Also includes a copy of the charge sheet relating to the Tullamore Incident of March 1916, the original of which is in a related set of O'Brenan family papers. This copy is annotated by Alo O’Brennan, along with annotated pages from Hansard’s Debates from April 1916 relating to the ‘affray.’

Also includes an illustrated pledge signed by Alo O’Brennan in Tullamore in June 1918 ‘denying the right of the British government to enforce compulsory service...’

Also includes an autograph book created by Séamus O’Brennan in Ballykinlar internment camp (1920-21).

O'Brennan, Alo

Minutes of Tullamore Lawn Tennis Club

  • IE OCL P105
  • Fonds
  • 1891-1904

Softbound copy book containing minutes of the Tullamore Lawn Tennis Club, including two loose notes, one of which is a hand drawn programme for a tennis tournament. Minutes contain general rules of the club, statements of account, plans for tournaments, and lists of members. Important decisions recorded include changing the site of the tennis grounds to Spollenstown, Tullamore in 1894 and the construction of a pavilion. Prominent members include Rev. Maxwell H. Coote, Capt. Fetherstonhaugh, James Perry Goodbody, Reginald Digby, David Sherlock, Lewis Goodbody, J. Prior Kennedy, Rev. R. S. Craig, George Lauder, A. G. Gardiner, A. B. Reamsbottom, George Hoey, and James Denning,

Tullamore Lawn Tennis Club

Records of Tullamore Rural District Council

  • IE OCL TRDC36
  • Fonds
  • 1899 - 1925

13 Minute Books -
TRDC36/1/1: November 1901 - June 1904
TRDC36/1/2: June 1904 - February 1907
TRDC36/1/3: August 1909 - October 1911
TRDC36/1/4: November 1911 - December 1913
TRDC36/1/5: January 1914 - December 1914
TRDC36/1/6: January 1915 - December 1915
TRDC36/1/7: January 1916 - December 1916
TRDC36/1/8: January 1917 - December 1917
TRDC36/1/9: January 1918 - December 1918
TRDC36/1/10: January 1920 - December 1920
TRDC36/1/11: January 1921 - December 1921
TRDC36/1/12: December 1921 - December 1922
TRDC36/1/13: January 1923 - December 1923

1 Quarterly Minute Book -
TRDC36/2: July 1900 - April 1911

1 Labourers' (Ireland) Acts Rent Book -
TRDC36/3/1: 1899 - 1928

1 Labourers' Act Rent Collection Book -
TRDC36/3/2: September 1916 - September 1922

1 Printed Notice -
TRDC36/4: 1912, 'Regulations made by Rural District Council of Tullamore with respect to the letting of Cottages and Allotments under the Labourers' Acts'.

1 Printed Booklet -
TRDC36/5: 1912, including 'Bye-Laws made by the Tullamore Rural District Council with respect to common lodging - houses' (10p)

1 Record of Sanitary Work -
TRDC36/6: October 1914 - May 1923

1 Postage Book -
TRDC36/7: April 1907 - March 1917, includes Kilbeggan Rural District Council, Tullamore Rural District Council and Tullamore Urban District Council.

Tullamore Rural District Council No. 1:
2 Minute Books -
TRDC36/9/1: January 1924 - December 1924 (indexed).
TRDC36/9/2: January 1925 - September 1925

Tullamore Rural District Council No. 2:
1 Minute Book -
TRDC36/10/1: April 1899 - October 1901, incorporating Tullamore Rural District Council No. 2 and Kilbeggan Rural District Council (note: see KRDC35/1/1).

Tullamore Rural District Council

Records of Kilbeggan Rural District Council

  • IE OCL KRDC35
  • Fonds
  • 1899 - 1918

6 Minute Books -
KRDC35/1/1: October 1899 - October 1901 (titled Kilbeggan Rural District Council), and April 1899 - October 1899 (titled Tullamore Rural District Council No. 2), 1 volume, (note, see TRDC36/10/1).
KRDC35/1/2: November 1901 - August 1904
KRDC35/1/3: September 1904 - January 1907
KRDC35/1/4: March 1907 - July 1909
KRDC35/1/5: August 1909 - December 1911
KRDC35/1/6: December 1911 - December 1913

1 Quarterly Minute Book -
KRDC35/2: July 1900 - October 1918

1 Financial Minute Book -
KRDC35/3: March 1907 - June 1910

1 Ledger -
KRDC35/4: 1904 - 1919

3 Rate Books -
KRDC35/5/1: 1911 - 1912 (Kilbeggan Rural District Electoral Division: Rahugh).
KRDC35/5/2: April 1912 - March 1913, and 1915 - 1916 (Kilbeggan Rural District Electoral Division: Kilbeggan).
KRDC35/5/3: April 1914 - March 1915 (Kilbeggan Rural District).

Kilbeggan Rural District Council

Results 1 to 10 of 18