Showing 6731 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

3654 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Documents relating to the retirement ceremony of John Rice Lamb.

Documents relating to the retirement ceremony of John Rice Lamb, Governor of Smithfield Convict Prison. Contains: draft of John Rice Lamb's acceptance speech; receipt from West and Son to Francis Good for an engraved silver tea service; clipping of the presentation address and testimonial silver tea service presented by deputation to John Rice Lamb; testimonial to John Lamb.

The Rosse Papers

  • IE BCA ROSSE
  • Fonds
  • 1595

Parsons Family, Earls of Rosse

Leases of ‘The Myrtle House’, Youghal

Original lease (1604) and 2 non-contemporary copy leases of ‘The Myrtle House’, Youghal, [former home of Sir Walter Ralegh], held by the Parsonses of Parsonstown under a lease from the [1st and Great] Earl of Cork.

Parsons Family, Earls of Rosse

17th century letters and papers

Seventeenth-century letters and papers, 1595-1699 and 1871 of the two branches of the Parsons family, the Parsonses of Bellamont, Co. Dublin, Viscounts Rosse, and the Parsonses of Parsonstown, alias Birr, King's County.

DeRenzy Papers

  • IE OCL P50/9
  • Subfonds
  • 1630-1706

Legal agreements in the form of deeds and indentures relating to the Derenzy family’s title and interest in lands in the vicinity of Tinnycross, County Offaly. The earliest deed dating from 1630, records Sir Mathew de Renzi purchasing the townlands of Ballynashragh, Ballycosny, Tyrenehinan, Kilmore and Derry, all in the barony of Ballycowen, on behalf of his son Mathew DeRenzy, then at the bar in London. The vendor was Robert Branthwaite of London, who had been granted the land by letters patent of King James I. Further adjoining townlands of Rossnagouloge or Cappanure were purchased by Sir Mathew from Allen Jones in 1630, and the following year the adjacent townlands of Derrykilliagh and Kilbeg were purchased from Art McOwen O’Molloy. All were settled on his son, Mathew DeRenzy.
The bulk of the collection consists of numerous leases and mortgages raised against the land by Mathew DeRenzy between 1699 and 1703, while he lived at Cloghbemon in County Wexford. Later items in the collection relate to the sale of the lands to Reverend James Cox, Archdeacon of Ferns.

de Renzi, Sir Mathew

Leases of lands in the manor of Parsonstown, Co. Wexford

c.25 leases of lands in the manor of Parsonstown, Co. Wexford, which reverted to the Parsonses of Parsonstown, King’s County, between 1708 and 1711, [and seems to have been settled by them on a younger son, Piggott Parsons, brother of Sir Laurence Parsons, 3rd Bt, on the failure of whose issue it seems to have reverted to the King’s County Parsonses, only to be used again as an appanage in the mid-19th century]. Some of the lands mentioned are Cullentrough, barony of Gorey; Ballyduff, Mangan,
Killenagh, Howell’s Land and Glascarrig, barony of Ballaghkeen; and parts of the manor of St John’s (Tomnegranoge, Knockmarshal, etc), barony of Bantry. [The documents are in date order and are ready for numbering, or rather re-numbering, as each has an obsolete number written on it.]

Results 1 to 10 of 6731