Canvas-backed paper map of the former county town of Philipstown (Daingean) compiled by Arthur Richards Neville in June 1786 for Richard Nassau Molesworth, 4th Viscount Molesworth (1748-1793). The map covers 2887 statute acres and includes environs of the town. The plots are numbered 1-130 with an accompanying reference table describing the contents of each land-holding unit. The reference is tabular, listing tenants' name, description of the holdings (e.g. 'a very fine farm all good meadow', 'good high Meadow & Pasture', 'great red bog', 'poor ground' etc) a yearly value and a sum total of the east and south east side of Philipstown.
Account book for Charleville Castle containing weekly returns of income and expenditure for Charleville Castle from 1 January 1814 to June 1817. Income was principally derived from accounts in Newcomen's and other private banks. Expenditure consists mainly of payments to clothiers, builders and servants.
Volume containing abstracts of presentments granted and queries respited and discharged at the Lent Assizes, 28 February to 8 March 1899, the final meeting of the Grand Jury for the discharge of fiscal business, the county councils having been established under the Local Government Act of 1898. Full colour map of new county council districts is missing from this volume.
Three fragmentary draft or sketch maps on tracing paper of south and west Offaly dating to c.1808, and a fourth of the King's Channel area , County Waterford, dating possibly to Larkin's survey of County Waterford in 1818.
4 Minute Books - PTC40/1/1: July 1865 - June 1875 (note: includes Burial Board affairs). PTC40/1/2: October 1883 - February 1890 PTC40/1/3: March 1890 - February 1897 PTC40/1/4: April 1897 - August 1899 and August 1899 - June 1903 (note: abstract only. Manuscript volume in private hands and loaned for abstracting purposes in 1989).
Parsonstown Burial Board 1 Minute Book - PTC40/2: 7 June 1869 - 6 March 1871 and 7 April 1873 - 4 October 1897 (1 volume, including abstract).
1 Drawing - PTC40/3: 11 June 1855, drawing designs for lowering Oxmantown Bridge, drawn by John Hill, Tullamore.
1 Accounts Book - PTC40/4: 1879 - 1925
1 Pamphlet PTC40/5: Bye Laws of the Town of Parsonstown made under the Public Health (Ireland) Act (1884)
Minute books, accounts ledgers, reports, and ancillary material relating to the creation, administration, and eventual dissolution of Tullamore Union from its establishment in 1839 to the closure of Tullamore Workhouse in August 1921. The main set of records are the minute books of the boards of guardians, comprising 112 volumes from an original set of 128 volumes. Other material is financial in nature, such as the treasurer’s account books and rates returns. No workhouse admission and discharge registers survive, but an important volume entitled Application and Report Book from 1862/1863, provides details of the relief applications for approximately 500 applicants. Other workhouse material is in the form of provisions registers and daybooks, as well as an architectural drawing of alterations to the Infirmary at the workhouse. As the Board of Guardians also oversaw the dispensary districts in the union, there is a set of minute books relating to the five dispensary districts with accompanying district notices in poster form.
Documents relating to aspects of Moore's life in Banagher. Moore was involved in many committees in the town. These fall into two categories in this collection, namely improvements to the local economy and infrastructure and those that responded to outside events such as the First and Second World Wars. The improvement committees were Banagher Improvement Association/Committee (c.1899-1928), Banagher Fairs and Improvement Committee (1907-1928), Banagher Public Lighting Committee (1907-1912) and Banagher and Lusmagh Farmers Association (1929-1930). The other committees responded to WWI and WWII were The Garrycastle Relief Committee (1914-1915), the War and Pensions Committee (1917-1919) and the Parish Council (1941-c.1945).
Some other organisations mentioned are the Banagher Bicycle Association, the Gaelic League and the Banagher Sacred Heart Sodality which all proved extremely popular.
Incomplete records of Edenderry No 1 Rural District Council, notably missing minute books. The first series comprises sanitary officers' records in the form of a report register and a diary of works completed. Both of these registers continued to be used beyond the life of the rural district council, which was abolished in 1925, and its functions subsumed into the Offaly Board of Health and Public Assistance.
The second series comprises abstracts of accounts prepared in final years of Edenderry RDC in 1924 and 1925.