Two notes from Fr Donal O'Sullivan SJ, Rector of St Mary's, Emo, Laois to Fr Brendan Lawler SJ, Rector of Tullabeg, concerning the 15th century Pieta left by ‘Mrs O’ Connell’ to Tullabeg in memory of Evie Hone.
O'Sullivan; Donal (1904-1977); Jesuit priest and arts administrator
Notebook of Thomas Clavin, butcher at 19 William St, Tullamore, detailing animals purchased on fair days indicating price paid and name of vendor. Also includes looseleaf pages recording the meat account, wages paid, sheep slaughtered and a memorandum from the Department of Agriculture.
Letter from Robert Nicholson, curator of the Dublin Writers Museum at 18 Parnell Square North, Dublin, to Doctor Keith Lamb at Woodfield House, Clara, County Offaly. Nicholson inquired after the letters between Oliver St John Gogarty and Francis William Lamb, with the hope of acquiring them on loan for a six month exhibition for the fiftieth anniversary of Oliver St John Gogarty's death.
Draft index to Birr town leases, prepared in 2005 by Margaret Hogan. Properties are arranged by street and ordered chronologically within each street. The index (copies of which are included on a CD and diskette) also gives the name, occupation, and other particulars about the lessees.
Documents by Fr Kevin Laheen, SJ which describe the burial details of Jesuits and pupils of Tullabeg who were buried in the Old Rahan Graveyard (c.1855 onwards) and the College cemetery (c.1874 onwards); the plaque erected in their honour and blessing of this stone; details of copyright permission for Fr Laheen’s book in relation to the 5 Evie Hone stained glass windows originally located at Tullabeg and relocated to the Jesuit Retreat House, Dollymount (1 August 2010). Includes chronologically list of Jesuits who died in Tullabeg (1870-1906) and a photographic album of the Jesuit graveyard at Tullabeg, Rahan Lodge and Irish Jesuits at this blessing (9 September 2004).