Tullybeg

Taxonomia

Código

Nota(s) de âmbito

Nota(s) da fonte

Mostrar nota(s)

Termos hierárquicos

Tullybeg

Tullybeg

Termos equivalentes

Tullybeg

Termos associados

Tullybeg

369 Descrição arquivística resultados para Tullybeg

369 resultados diretamente relacionados Excluir termos específicos

Material compiled by Fr Roland Burke Savage SJ on Tullabeg origins

Material compiled by Fr Roland Burke Savage SJ relating to the origins of Tullabeg as a school for boys and a novitiate. Includes:
– typescript copies of summaries of replies to queries sent by Fr Burke Savage SJ to Fr Joseph Hurley SJ, House Historian, Tullabeg, comments on those replies and comparisons of the early history of the community, as depicted in Fr John Grene’s ‘A Contribution towards a History of The Irish Province of the Society of Jesus’; the Memorials of the Irish Province and Fr William Molony’s ‘Brief Notices’ of 1831
– notes on Frs Robert and John St Leger and on the original builder at Tullabeg (1955, 23pp)
– letter from Fr Burke Savage SJ to Fr Jerome Mahony SJ (19 November 1955, 3pp) on the ‘strong local tradition that we built Tullabeg’, enclosing copies of early letters relevant to the subject (21 April 1815 – 29 April 1817, 7 items, 9pp).

Burke Savage; Roland (1912-1998); Jesuit priest and editor

Title deeds and legal documents to the foundation of Tullabeg

Title deeds and legal documents relating to the foundation of Tullabeg, and the selling of its lands by the Land Commission. Deeds returned to St. Stanislaus College in 1977 by John J. McDonald & Co., Solicitors. Includes schedule of deeds and documents. Item 1 and 12 on the schedule are missing. Deeds arranged in chronological order according to original (not copy) date.

John J. McDonald & Co., Solicitors

Pamphlet entitled 'Offaly Tombstone Inscriptions. 1. Rahan Graveyards'

Pamphlet entitled Offaly Tombstone Inscriptions. 1. Rahan Graveyards, published by the Offaly Historical Society. Contains references to, and lists of Jesuits buried in the old Rahan graveyard from 1823 to 1874 and those buried in the cemetery in the grounds of St Stanislaus College, Tullabeg, after 1874 (p.22 – 25).

Miscellaneous material - burial, rules for confraternity, ode

Includes:
– list of Jesuits buried in the old Rahan cemetery (n.d., 2pp);
– letter to [the Rector] from John Molloy (building contractor) concerning the laying out of the grounds (29 January 1818, 1p.);
– ‘Rules for a Confraternity of the Sacred Heart. formed for the Scholars at Tullabeg, by the late Fr Patrick Meagher SJ, uncle to Thomas Francis Meagher - March 19 1833 written out by Hugh Gartlan of Dundalk’ (1833, 11pp);
_ Note on the Christmas plays of Tullabeg College, 1853 (2pp);
– printed copy of ‘Centennial Ode. St. Stanislaus College, 1918’ by Fr William Fortescue Power SJ (1918, 6pp) and
letter from Fr William Delany SJ to Mr Breen concerning a fire in a shoe store in Tullabeg (11 January [ ] ), 3pp);

Resultados 1 a 10 de 369