J. & L. F. Goodbody Ltd.
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
1865 – 1984
J. & L. F. Goodbody was established in 1865 as a jute manufacturing business based at Clashawaun in Clara and also with offices in Dublin. Its directors were Jonathan Goodbody (1865-88), Lewis F. Goodbody (1865-87), Robert Goodbody (c1870-88), Joshua C. Goodbody (c1873-88), Fredrick R. Goodbody (1880-88) and J. B. Clibborn Goodbody (1880-88).
The business was formed into a limited company in 1888 and traded under the name J. & L. F. Goodbody Ltd. As well as jute, it also manufactured cotton and synthetics. Its main factories at Clara and Waterford were later joined by factories at Dublin, Limerick and Slane. In 1937, it became a public company when outside shareholders and directors were introduced. It was quoted on the Dublin Stock Exchange and wound up in 1984. The family crest was adopted as the registered trade mark.
J. & L. F. Goodbody had manufacturing works in Clara, Offaly and in Waterford. They held offices in Dublin.
Functies, beroepen en activiteiten
J. & L. F. Goodbody Ltd. was a jute, cotton and synthetic manufacturer.
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
Interne structuren / genealogie
The directors were Jonathan Goodbody (1865-88), Lewis F. Goodbody (1865-87), Robert Goodbody (c1870-88), Joshua C. Goodbody (c1873-88), Fredrick R. Goodbody (1880-88) and J. B. Clibborn Goodbody (1880-88).
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Identificatiecode van de instelling
Toegepaste regels en/of conventies
ISAAR (CPF): International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons and Families, 2nd edition (2011)
Niveau van detaillering
Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering
June 2019, Ciara O'Brien