- IE OCL INF 2/1/1
- (excluding 1838-1851)
Hard bound volume containing the registry of extern patients of the infirmary. Register contains the patient number, patient’s name, parish of residence, time admitted, recommending governor, and description of disease. This is not a complete set of extern patients from 1837-1852. Records the extern patients treated by the institution for the year 1837-1838 and resumes the use of the volume from 1853-1859. The total number of extern patients for each year between 1838-1852 is listed in the register. Registrar notes the end of the infirmary’s treatment of extern patients in 1859.
Patients were recommended for treatment by local landowners and governors of the institution. The most frequent names to appear in the register are Francis Berry, Rev. Edward Berry, and Rev Rafferty. Other names that appear occasionally are A Molloy, Mrs Chevenix, Dawson French, John O’Brien, Sir Ch. Coote, Rev H. King, Rev John Levey, Robert Lauder, Lord Digby, and Lord Rosse.
King's County Infirmary